Radio Ambulante is a Spanish-language podcast, distributed by NPR, that tells Latin American stories from anywhere Spanish is spoken, including the United States. We seek to bring the aesthetic of high-quality longform journalism to radio. We work with a talented community of storytellers and radio producers from different corners of the continent, while taking advantage of technology to produce, distribute and exchange stories. In 2014, Radio Ambulante was awarded awarded the Gabriel García Márquez Prize for Innovation in Journalism, the most prestigious journalism honor in Latin America. Learn more about us here.
We are currently seeking a Development Intern to work closely with the Development Manager and CEO on the research of prospective funders and the submission of grant proposals to foundations and other funding sources. This internship provides the opportunity to learn nonprofit development and fundraising skills. This is a paid internship ($10 dollars/hour) with a required commitment of 15 hours per week. Applicant must be able to work out of Radio Ambulante’s New York City office.
- Conduct research on corporations and foundations for grants opportunities
- Synthesize donor research and report to Radio Ambulante team on a weekly basis
- Draft donor correspondences, letters of inquiry and grant proposals
- Assist with creation of donor database and data entry
- Additional responsibilities may include: developing sponsorship packet, assisting with events and creating online fundraising campaigns
Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with donors and other partners
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Latin American culture, radio, journalism and/or podcasts is preferred
- Experience in nonprofits, fundraising and research is preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject heading please write: Development Intern position. In your cover letter, please explain your interests in/connection to Latin America and please discuss your favorite Radio Ambulante episode. If not a current Radio Ambulante listener, please describe your favorite podcast(s).
Deadline to apply: February 1st