Producer and Editor
Before joining Radio Ambulante as an editor and producer, Silvia was the Latin American Regional Editor for Global Voices Online, an international community of bloggers and translators who translate and report on citizen media around the world. Silvia was born in Montevideo, Uruguay, from a Spanish father and a Uruguayan mother. She grew up in five Latin American countries and in Spain. In her free time she reads, takes pictures, cooks, and listens to way too many podcasts. She currently lives in the UK with her husband Daniel and their children Elisa and Santiago.
Which is your favorite Radio Ambulante episode?
It’s hard to pick just one. My favorite are Nohemí, N.N, and La concursante.
Which are your favorite podcasts?
This American Life, Radiolab, On the Media, ReplyAll, Startup, Mystery Show, Serial, Slate’s Double X Podcast, Longform, Invisibilia, Snap Judgement, HowSound…I could go on!
Stories you have produced in other spaces
- Radio Ambulante: Unscripted, PRI (Public Radio International).
- What happened when I joked about the president of Ecuador, New York Times Magazine
- Latin Women Take the Helm, World Policy Journal
- The Inequality Behind Chile’s Prosperity, Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Honduras: As Human Rights Violations Go Unpunished, “Feminists in Resistance” Fight for Justice Latina Lista
Piñera’s Twittering Cabinet, The Pulse